Saturday, August 4, 2012

helper redux

This weekend I decided to try out a few new (sugar-free) condiment recipes: strawberry ginger jam, peach strawberry and cabernet jam, and peach barbeque sauce (the first two recipes came from my noggin, the latter came from here). I tried to time my jam session with Squirt's nap time, but she had other ideas. She woke up just as I was about to start skinning peaches. Since I already had stuff bubbling on the stove, I couldn't exactly just walk away and play tag, so I decided to enlist her help. Usually, she helps me throw things in the pot and stir, but the jam was bubbling and sputtering, and I didn't want to risk any hot berries splattering onto her tender skin, so I made her in charge of the sink. She tippy-toed on a chair and helped me peel the peaches (sampling some as she worked for quality assurance purposes). As I pitted and chopped the expertly peeled peaches, she washed up some of the measuring cups and bowls. She obviously loved helping out and I loved being able to finish my project without wondering what she was getting into...

 Helping with the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment