Tuesday, January 24, 2012

smile and wave

Something new happened yesterday when I picked up Squirt from daycare at the end of the day. She smiled and waved at me. Correction: she grinned ear-to-ear and waved so enthusiastically she almost fell over. It was delightful! I remember being overjoyed the afternoon she transitioned from her usual sobs when I came to pick her up to frantically crawling straight for me. But this takes the cake. She has, for a couple months now, been waving in response to someone waving at her, but now she waves on her own as her way of saying "hello" or "goodbye." It is positively heart warming. It can also be pretty amusing. Sometimes when she's playing and crawling away, she'll pause, turn around, wave, giggle, and then resume her escape. "See ya!"

The "hi, momma" wave in action.

One more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment