Sunday, July 15, 2012

lavender in the village

This weekend was the long-awaited Lavender in the Village Festival in Los Ranchos. I was so excited to go, since they didn't host one last year. Squirt and I went on our usual market day - our farmer's market was just down the street. We picked up a bunch of cherries, plums, and apples, then hopped on the bus to the festival. It was hot as Hades and already pretty crowded, so we didn't stay long or do very much (we'll pick our own lavender next time), but it was still fun. One of the local farms had animals out for the children to pet, much to Squirt's delight, and I got some much-enjoyed lavender lemonade as a treat. She loved dancing to the funky blue-grass music and I was excited to find a bottle of Hippopotamus Repellent from my favorite lavender farm located in the middle-of-nowhere place I grew up. I'm looking forward to next year when she will be older and better able to do more of the activities!

Her second self-portrait, taken on the ride to the festival.

Action shot: waving and saying "hi duck!"

A bit wary of the frolicking baby goat just off camera...
(Note the smear of plum on her dress.)

The crazy chickens actually let her pet them.

Sluuurp!

Made in the shade with lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment